A gaming problem typically occurs when an individual over indulges in betting, ending up being indebted and having inefficient relationships with loved ones.
Of all, Gaming is addictive. The risk and the winning can have a mental impact on a person, making him unreasonable and irrational.
The primary step to resolving a gaming issue is acknowledging it. Bettors Anonymous have the following set of concerns to test if you indeed have gaming problems.
1. Did you ever waste time from work or school due to betting?
2. Has betting ever made your home life dissatisfied?
3. Did betting affect your credibility?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
5. Did you ever gamble to get cash with which to pay financial obligations or otherwise resolve financial difficulties?
6. Did betting trigger a decline in your aspiration or effectiveness?
7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and recover your losses?
8. After a win did you have a strong desire to return and win more?
9. Did you typically bet until your last dollar was gone?
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your betting?
11. Have you ever offered anything to fund gambling?
12. Were you hesitant to use “gambling money” for normal expenses?
13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your household?
14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had prepared?
15. Have you ever gambled to leave concern or problem?
16. Have you ever committed, or thought about devoting, a prohibited act to finance betting?
17. Did betting cause you to have trouble in sleeping?
18. Do arguments, dissatisfactions or disappointments create within you a desire to gamble?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a couple of hours of betting?
20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gaming?
A problem Gambler would answer Yes to at least seven of these questions.
If you are indeed a problem bettor, the following suggestions should help you out of your gambling ditch:
* Never take charge card or an ATM card with you when you gamble, just take the quantity that you mean to spend that day.
* Limitation the time you bet.
* Remember, there are more chances of you losing than winning.
* When you win, keep the money and have a contract with yourself not to use it.
* When you run out of money, give up, never obtain money for gaming.
* Never ever hesitate to ask help from a buddy. Bring a gaming friend who’s not addicted and ask him to keep you in check.